Nov 22, 2009

Gratitude Mondays...

If, during the first period of life, we create an atmosphere of gratitude around the children, then out of this gratitude toward the world, toward the entire universe, and also out of thankfulness for being able to be in this world, a profound and warm sense of devotion will arise . . . upright, honest, and true.
        —Rudolf Steiner



This is a very special week to be mindful of the things, big and small, that make our lives special.  I have so much to be grateful for, that is part of the reason that I try to take a moment to write it out.. say it out loud, at least once a week.  Gratitude and Reverence are important goals for me as a woman discovering my own path, and as a mother trying to cultivate a healthy, loving and joyful environment for my family.




 What I am grateful for today....


~ Wonderful food created out of love by my partner, Matt.  Please do yourselves a favor and try one of these recipes....

       rich, creamy and so wonderful.  A holiday season favorite 3 years running!
   
       our recipe came from this months Cooking Light magazine, but I couldn't find a link for it.  This one is
     pretty much the same.  We added tomatoes from our garden.  The richness of the butter with the wine    
       vinegar flavors really melt together to create something spectacular!


~Wool sweaters to felt!  I am so going to do this from Progressive Pioneer.   I have already felted my pieces, now I just have to trace, cut and simple sew the them together.  They will coordinate with matching scarves that I am almost through knitting, and store bought (shhh... Target dollar spot) hats.  I will give them as gifts on day 4 of my 25 days of christmas.  More on That another day.




~Sprouts in my garden.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  It is SO hard for me to wait to see if the seeds that I plant will sprout.  Seriously.  I have been known to dig around to see how things are progressing under there.  So every time another one pops up, it just makes me so so so happy!  For those of you keeping score, we now have 10 garlic sprouts!


~8 weeks, 32ish to go


~My inlaws that are bringing us Thanksgiving left overs so my family can spend the day with my mother. 


~I am so grateful that my mother has agreed to the procedure, and that she is doing everything she can to stay with us.  She is in the fight of her life, and I am grateful for her bravery.






~Random daily occurrences of art with my sweet darling girl.  Little moments like these are so good for the soul.  She always has some plan or another...


~I am so looking forward to the start of the holiday season.  Like you have no idea.


~This blog.  It hasn't been two months yet, and it is astounding all that has taken place in my life in these past few weeks.  I may not bring it all here, but I am so grateful that I have a little place carved out to store some of the beauty in my world.




~My wild crazy son is so sweet.  I can hardly believe how tender he is.  Its especially tricky to remember how precious he is when he gets up in the middle of the night while we are all sleeping to help himself to kitchen mischief  (side note, his father did the exact same thing at his age, so this one is TOTALLY Matt's fault)


~Christmas lights on the house!  But, as per tradition of my own making, they don't come on until Thanksgiving night.


I am grateful for every single person that visits this place, listens to my ramblings.  I may not know who you are, but I am know you are there.  Thank you!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.