Nov 4, 2009

A budding crafter

Start with one fully stocked sewing kit......


Add to that one book for inspiration....




And then we have one creative little girl.  I didn't know that she could thread a needle.  Honestly.  Every project is done on her own, cut, glue, sew, create.

She has made......

A collection of things for her new baby brother, or sister.  Starting with this...


~a bib, with a functioning button...

~a very beautiful sock... 


~a blanket ...


~and a baby doll. 

She has also taken time to make some very practical around the house items...


~a pocket for me to keep small items in



~a pencil pouch

There are so many more things, some cared for now by her younger brother, some gifted to friends and family.
All made with love, all made on her own.
She finds a quiet corner to work in, and comes to me with a finished product.  She simply Amazes me.



 But just wait....

 This little guy is right on her heals.  He spends almost as much of his day crafting, and creating as she does.  Give him time.  Just give him time.


Here's to all of us finding time to finding our own quiet place to make something, anything.  Just make it.





1 comment:

heather said...

I want something from Ava for christmas!! I love her doll..my favorite is the little pocket!

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.