Jun 20, 2012

Ode to Summer


Matt and I heard Ava singing a song while she played in the yard the other day.  I asked her if she wouldn't mind making it one of our dinner blessings, and  so this project began.



 June!
By 
Ava Rana,
age 7
June, part Spring, part Summer.
June is like no other.
June, the solstice is here.
June, the earth gives a cheer!
June,  is the best time of the year!
Juuuuuuuune!




Ladybugs, and Butterflies, our Summer friends!

By 
Cyrus Rana,
age 5
Ladybug, Ladybug!
Please come to me!
Butterfly, Butterfly!
Please come to me!
Blessings on our meal and our family!



Edit to say:
I did assist both children.
Ava and I worked on a list of words that would rhyme with 'solstice'.  In the end she decided to rearrange her sentence so she could rhyme with 'here".
Cyrus, I encouraged to edit the whole bit about 'ladybugs eat aphids' part, as it is to be our family dinner blessing, and that might be too much nature.
And, yes.
I have a HUGE ol' spelling error in the photos.
I've since fixed it, but I really don't feel like taking new pictures.
So.
Whoopsie.
Oh, and I also wanted to say that
Cyrus's painting is of two lavender flowers, two candles, and one orange.
  Love him..
Ava's painting was made with the intention that her poem would be written in the center.
Love her.




No comments:

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.