Jun 13, 2012

Bird and Butterfly Festival

 
 Recently we took our kids to the Bird and Butterfly festival.  A free, and fantastic event.  We saw birds, bees, caterpillars, butterflies.  
We listened to music, picnicked, I got free seeds, and they crafted.  
 
They touched a pipevine swallowtail caterpillar, learned that ducks shouldn't eat bread (it can cause deformities),  and explored a nectar garden. 
 
 They found a queen bee in a hive, sampled local honey comb, and Ava was able to watch a bee emerge from her cell.
We  learned a lot.  We laughed a lot.  We loved it.  Loved it.

(there were so many butterflies, and it never occurred to me to take their pictures.  Maybe next time.  Or maybe the time after that.)





No comments:

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.