Mar 9, 2011

W Week Wrap Up....

(this was to be posted on Friday, March 4th, but I was sick!)

This week in our school we.....

Covered the letter W...




In Poetry... 


We started a new poem of the month, Robin, by Barbara Juster Esbensen.  This poem is very spring-y, and very well received by Ava.  We read the Song of the Wallflower Fairy, by Cicely Mary Barker but honestly I hardly remember it.  This week of school was pretty thin (with my being sick and all).

Our Theme This Week....
Was supposed to be the Iditarod.  I was pretty excited to get to this week, I thought my kids would really enjoy following the race online.  Unfortunately all my exciting plans were cut short with fevers.  We did read Akiak, a sweet story about loyalty and overcoming the odds. 


In Math we...
~Counted stationary objects using tally marks
~Introduced partitioning 10
~Discovered the rule for adding 1s



In Art Study....

we explored Cat and Bird, by Paul Klee.  We both really enjoyed this painting.  The straight forward simple lines and colors makes this painting feel very approachable.  Ava thought it was very funny to have a bird be on the head (or mind) of the cat.  Cat's are very popular around here.


Overall this week wasn't super.  We got through.  Another shining example of why I love homeschool.  We were able to get through what we needed to, with out even falling behind.  Instead of my super fun, on theme ideas we spent time being quiet, which isn't really a bad thing.  Thankfully their father was home when I was at my worst, and he saved their day taking them out for pizza and soda.  A pretty good week if you're six, or almost four.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.