Aug 15, 2012

Collections

Some of the most useful of my collections are my baskets of rocks.  We have one basket for polished stone, and another for rough.  These baskets get used for school, and for play.  Ava and I spent some time this weekend arranging our rock collection into spirals and circles. It was meditative, cooperative, creative, fun.
 




I love rocks.  Minerals, gems, fossils, crystals, rough, smooth, fine or common.  I love them a little bit more than sticks and seashells.  One thing that I'm going to miss (a lot) about living in Arizona is the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show.  I loved my trips there every year combing through the venders wares looking for new treasures. I'm so grateful for the collection that I have, and the memories it still creates.  And see?  It's super pretty.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

You have an amazing collection. It is quite inspiring!

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.