Jan 11, 2012

Stalagmite love...

We made our very first crystal!   Using this kit, we made a stalagmite.  A purple stalagmite.  Our first attempt was a huuuuge smelly disaster.  (I don't like to admit this, but I am pretty impossible when it comes to following simple directions.  Especially the direction of "keep an eye on the pan while the solution heats".   Almost every time a recipe calls for me to watch a pot, I think I don't really have to.)  Anyway, enough about me.  The second attempt was a gorgeous success.  We were able to grow a stalagmite in minutes, no millions of years necessary for us.






Turns out following directions yields results.  Let's see if I can remember that later on this week when we make our next crystal.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.