101 things in 1001 days. With 451 days left I have completed 20 tasks. That my friends is less than 20% completed with 54.9% of the days behind me. Yikes.
1. learn to make brown sourdough bread.
2. Raw food trial l for a day
3. Raw food once a day for a week (month?)
4. Make a cheesecake
5. Find a healthy cookie recipe
6. Make black rice
7. Make a low fat frozen yogurt
8. Force paper whites
3 low hanging towel hooks for the babies
Shoe shelves for the babies
11. Start replacing dinner plates, and saucers with hand thrown, hand made
12. Start replacing bowls with hand thrown, hand made
13. Get a set of clear recycled wine bottle glasses
14. Get a set of blue recycled wine bottle glasses (contact company for special order?)
15. Make a salve from beeswax
Cover kitchen chair cushions, or replace the whole chair
17. Learn to use my carpet shampooer, then USE it!
18. Get rugs for kitchen and bathrooms
19. Continue publishing my own calendars
Replace our broken 2nd fridge- freezer and continue using it
*all of us*
21. Teach babies to swim
22. Take a family vacation, just the 4 (5) of us
Visit the Rio Salado Habitat Restoration Area (volunteer?)
24. Camping on the ocean
25. Rescue a puppy
26. Host a potluck game night
27. Camping on the North Rim (of the Grand Canyon)
28. Children's Museum
30. Take every one to the Symphony (in the park?)
31. Women's softball game
32. Puppet Theater
33. Outdoor concert, festival
34. Movie Date
Quiessence. Before the baby comes.
36. Dinner date at a new (to us) restaurant
37. A ballet date
39. Read Ann of Green Gables
40. Read Heidi
41. Read Secret Garden
42. Read Black Beauty
43. Start a baby book
44. Frame and hang photo aprox age 6-9 months
46. Start a baby book
47. Frame and hang photo aprox age 6-9 months
48. Make a cast of hand and frame. Give to Matt for christmas
Make a baby doll
Get a tatoo
A trip to the dentist
53. A trip to the ophthalmologist
54. A trip to the Naturopath
55. Get a bicycle
56. Start Bach Flower Remedy
Practice Kundalini prenatal yoga
58. Buy hair rollers, and learn to use them
59. Go to one of "my" concerts with Matt
Have a blessing way
Get an SLR camera, and learn to use it
63. Attend a La Leche League meeting
Get back to Brags vinegar and honey once a day
65. Postpartum set weight loss goals
66. Go estate sale shopping
67. Start a dream journal
68. The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe (series)
69. Catch 22
70. Pride and Prejudice ( or Jane Eyre)
71. Wuthering Heights
72. Anais Nin and Henry Miller (maybe Tropic of Capricorn?)
73. Shakespeare's Sonnets
74. Whitman's Leaves of Grass
75. Kipling's Kim
76. Animal Farm
77. Bram Stoker's Dracula
78. Grapes of Wrath
79. Catcher in the Rye
80. To Kill a Mocking Bird
81. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
82. The Godfather Trilogy
83. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
84. Citizen Kane
85. Annie Hall
87. Baby pants
88. Baby blankets
89. Christmas placemats
4th of July placemats
92. Rainbow tie-dye the big play silk (and baby whites)
93. Sew a t shirt skirt for me
94. A christmas lap blanket
95. Knit a baby blanket
96. Learn to crochet
97. New Advent calendar
98. Throw pillows for the couch
100. Learn to knit "round"
101. Knit caps for all my babies
Here's the thing- I don't want the same things that I wanted 550 days ago.
~Raw food? Not so interested.
~Handmade dinner ware? Still interested, but in a post baby era. I like my fiestaware, especially when it breaks.
~My carpet shampooer? Matt learned how to use it, can I count that?
~The four books I wanted to read aloud to Ava? I was totally forgetting about The Little House on the Prairie series. I must read those first, and I am, and she is loving it.
~Rollers for my hair? Um, I chopped it off instead.
~The FOURTEEN books I wanted to read? Turns out that this mothering overloaded brain of mine just wants to relax with some easy fantasy fiction. Nothing too grown up or serious. Again, something I'd like to explore in a post baby era.
~And, I don't need to knit a baby blanket, I had others make them for me.
Then we have the 8 items in purple that I consider a work in progress. Some of them are plain ridiculous. Just make that healthy cookie recipe already!
This leaves me with 48 things in 451 days. Not as daunting as 81. Maybe I'll get really motivated and throw the whole list out!