Apr 29, 2010

To see what they could see...

Earlier this week I let my babies run free with my camera.  Very little instruction.  No cautions.  No directions.  Just to see what they could see.  They each have a different technique but their subject matters had a common thread.  Daily things in their surroundings, and things they like to look at.


Cyrus's approach is very direct.  He walked around snapping hundreds of photos of things he loves.  Mostly extreme close up, most with out the benefit of light, or clarity.




His sister...

His baseball bat... 
His father, napping on the couch...

His mama's pregnant belly... 
His football in the library basket...
and himself!


Ava's view showed a little more experience.  Have I let her do this before?  (honestly can't remember) 

'
Her bedroom... 
The "yellow room" (play room)

A passing blimp... 
Her garden....
Anna's finest apple...
And herself!


I had so much fun hearing their squeals of delight with each photo taken.  I loved looking through the pages and pages of photos.  I learned that my house is very very very messy.  Overall a great experience.  (except for the messy part)  I look forward to doing this again with one of my better cameras, when they are older...  (Looks like I may have passed through my reckless stage)

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Oh I adore the photo's little one's take...my girl has such a great eye...or perhaps she watches her Mama too much!? Lovely pics.

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.