Jan 4, 2010

Not a princess...

She planned the whole thing.
"mom, aren't these socks beautiful for my quinceanera gloves?"
She got all dressed in her quinceanera best, and asked me to photograph her.
"Just like a real Quinceanera Girl!"
She came up with the costume,  poses, and the props.
I silently obliged.  A photographer that lets my model direct her own shoot.
I am so lucky to be able to be a part of her magical world.
Silly.  Beautiful.  Imaginative.  Captivating.
Ava.
I just can't get enough of her!



















For those of you that may not be familiar with Quinceanera...
Its a coming of age 15th birthday party celebrated in some Latin American families.
Our neighbors invited us to their daughter's party when Ava was 3.
It was a lavish affair, as they often are.
The young woman of the hour wore a gown, gloves, and a tiara based on a Disney princess theme.
Ava may not know any Disney princesses, but she sure knows when she sees something that is breath taking and beautiful.
She fell in love with the idea.  She had been dressing for her own quinceanera for more than two years now.
People will see her in little gowns, and crowns in public and remark on what a pretty little princess she is.
She corrects them solemnly.
"No, I am a quinceanera girl."

That's my girl

No comments:

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.