Sep 24, 2010

The Art of letting go in Art...



I believe children need to explore.  Art, nature, the kitchen, their world.  
Its has been a teeny bit of a struggle for me to truly let go, to let them just explore.
  I decided to rearrange their art closet the other day.  
Now there is no need to ask before they paint, just please clean up afterward.  
All of the crayons, markers, glue sticks, wet glue, paint pens, glitter glue, brushes, glitter, seashells, sponges, paper, sequins, water paints, tempura paints, and colored pencils are ready for them.  
I let go.  
Its been wonderful. 
I love the results, even the messy floor.  
(I did move their art table so its now over tile)










The table is now one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house..

I really do love the mess on the floor.
I leave it there as long as possible!
The experience is what matters.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.