Nov 7, 2012

The Day After

Last night we ordered pizza, printed out these coloring pages, and watched the election unfold.  It was so exciting to watch my children get involved in the process. 




This morning, in order to give my children a sense of closure, we gave Florida to Obama, but didn't assign him the electoral votes.  Ava asked if they could keep their election maps in our America Box (similar to our continent boxes) so we laminated their maps and will keep them for prosperity.  In a few weeks we'll print up the final statistics from each state and store them all together. 

I love how all of this came together.  Very organically.  It started with answering a lot of questions and led from there.  This is one of the beautiful things about homeschool.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.