Dec 9, 2009

Santa Santa Santa....

I love Santas.  Unusual Santas are my favorites.   As I have had one of those "oh so tired, oh so long, pregnant, don't want to think" kind of days lets take a look at a few of my Santas. Shall we get started?



These two boys are brothers.  I have had them for about 16ish years.  They have the perfect mix of creepy and classic.  Love them.  (if you look carefully in the blurry background you can see my messy living room on decorating day...)





He reminds me of a Nordic fisherman...




This boy is so bright I think he's a Seattle or San Fransisco kind of Santa...




This guy reminds me of middle American craft shows.  Never been to one, but thats what I think of...





This guy is just large and simple....





 This is one of my few fabric Santas.  I bought him when I worked my first job.  He has a face in there, but I like him much more when you can't see it....





This boy is small but charming...




This guy is old school, but faux old.  Maybe 10 years.  He does have moving parts, so he's top on my list...





This is my newest addition.  I think he would be happiest hiding in a plant.  Maybe next year.  I am not 100% sure of his personal history.  He was passed to me through several hands...



Thanks for taking a look at my silly Santa collection with me today!  I have a few more stashed here and there around my house, but these are the ones I already had photos of.  (read: very little work involved with making this post)  I am hoping my collection will continue to slowly grow.  I have my eye out for vintage, quirky and handmade.

 Have a fantastic Thursday everyone! 



3 comments:

Run Lori Run said...

Nice collection! I have a similar set of snow men, each with their own history too.

heather said...

i love love love your santas!!! I just got one that looks like a gnome santa at a thrift store in tucson..i love him! yesterday i found a craft kit for a santa..at a thriftstore..i think i will have sam or katy make it..its cute too

April said...

I love your tuba toting Santa, he's cute!

About Me

My photo
East Bay, California, United States
I am a thirty something mother of three. Hoping to raise my little ones to love the the slower things in life.